The main topics of the scientific research are micro system technologies,
micro electronics and micro mechanics.
Emphasis is on VLSI metallization systems as well as
fabrication and application of micromechanical components.
The equipment consists of a complete silicon preparation line, tools for the fabrication of masks, professional
hardware and software for simulation & design as well as high-quality analysis and measuring instruments.
Collaborative Research Center No. 379
- Development of new materials and processes for metallization systems
- Development of micromechanical sensors and actuators, for example:
- Silicon microscanners (torsional actuators),
- Scanner array (strip array),
- High precision acceleration sensor,
- Micromechanical inclination sensor,
- Micromechanical angular rate sensor,
- Polymer microfluidic actuators
- Complete technologies for micro mechanics, for example:
- Wet chemical etching of silicon, simulation,
- Single Crystal Reactive Etching and Metallization,
- BESOI - Technology,
- Wafer bonding,
- Chemical mechanical polishing / planarization,